There are many demands made on outdoor furniture. Unlike our indoor chairs and tables, those that we enjoy outside and exposed to the elements. Despite the rain and sun, they need to stay vibrant and strong for years. Or, at least, your outdoor furniture should do that. One great option for quality outdoor furniture is recycled plastic furniture.
Plastic furniture doesn’t have the best reputation as there are some cheap, ugly options on the market. However, there are stylish and quality options available as well. The main benefit of plastic furniture is that you don’t have to worry about the environmental impact on your furniture, because it’s made from recycled plastics. If you’re ready to change your mind about plastic furniture, read on.
What is Recycled Plastic Furniture?
We’ve already produced billions of plastic products that would end up in a landfill if we didn’t recycle them. Thankfully, we can recycle plastic and one of the best uses is for plastic outdoor furniture. Plastic furniture is not only made with melted quality plastics, it is also combined with other materials to create a more beautiful and durable material.
Plastic furniture manufacturers may also add pigments that protect the plastic from the damaging effects of the sun and other ingredients to make the plastic stronger resulting in high quality and durable outdoor furniture.
The Benefits of Recycled Outdoor Plastic Furniture
If you choose recycled outdoor plastic furniture, you’ll get many benefits, including:
- Beauty: The plastic outdoor furniture of the past is no more. Plastic outdoor furniture can now closely resemble the texture and finish of teak wood.
- Reasonable price: As the plastic has been pre-used, it is relatively inexpensive compared to materials of similarly high quality. That said, plastic furniture that is inexpensive can be a red flag.
- Durability: Unlike wood, plastic will never absorb water from the rain and rot. Unlike fabrics, quality plastic can be made to resist the fading effect of the sun. Unlike metal, plastic will never rust or corrode. It’s an incredibly durable material, which is especially important for outdoor furniture.
- Longevity: Most people have been burned by an outdoor accessory that only lasted one summer. You won’t have that problem with quality recycled plastic furniture.
- Low maintenance: Quality recycled plastic furniture does not need to be painted, vacuumed, or have rust removed from it. Besides a wipe down with a damp cloth, you don’t need to do anything to keep your recycled plastic outdoor furniture in good condition.
Your Recycled Plastic Outdoor Furniture Options
Plastic is such a flexible material that you’ll find it in a huge range of styles. Some plastics intentionally mimic other materials. Such as a faux teak outdoor furniture set which matches the beauty of the expensive wood, without the same price tag. If you’re looking for an option that is both classic and modern, look at our recycled plastic Adirondack chairs. They are classic while being vibrant and sunny too.
Want to be more eco-friendly this summer? Consider getting outdoor furniture made from recycled plastic. At Oakville Home Leisure, you will not only get quality furniture you will also get furniture that is good for the environment. Contact us today!